WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
RSC collects information directly from the users of our Site. RSC also may combine this information with information it receives regarding users from our educational program participants (and potential participants) and those acting on their behalf, as well as from other third parties.
The information users provide or that the School collects can include, but is not limited to:
- name, address, phone number, email, birthday, gender, and other application, registration, or donor information;
- Relationship to program participant (or potential participant);
- Any work created or users’ interest in any work you co-created through the use of the Site during or related to School activities, School projects, and social media information and posts, whether closed to the public or otherwise;
- Health and developmental disability information, financial information, social security numbers, and information regarding children under the age of 18 (collectively, “Sensitive Information”);
- Descriptions of a user, a user’s experiences and interests, educational performance, emotional and behavioral development, and any discipline issues that may arise.
YOU SHOULD NOT PROVIDE RSC ANY PERSONAL OR SENSITIVE INFORMATION UNLESS YOU WOULD LIKE THAT INFORMATION TO BE USED AND DISCLOSED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS POLICY.
Information Automatically Collected From You. We and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device when you use the Site, such as your Internet Protocol address, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view and other content on the Site, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Site, and the search terms you enter on the Site. We and our service providers may collect this information using “cookies,” which are small text files that the Site saves on your computer using your web browser and accesses when you return, or similar technologies. We and our service providers also may use “Web beacons” (also known as “single-pixel” or “clear” GIFs), which are electronic images imbedded in the Site or in communications sent through our services. Web beacons collect information such as identifiers, time and date of access, and descriptions of the pages or communications in which the web beacons are imbedded. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. You may also be able to refuse certain web beacons by adjusting the settings on your browser or email software. Please refer to your browser or email software instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. We and our service providers may use this technical information to follow web site activities over time and across different sites. We do not currently respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide a method to opt out of the collection of information across the networks of websites and online services in which we participate. If we do so in the future, we will describe how we do so in this Policy. Visit the following website, www.allaboutdnt.org, for more information on this developing area.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE INFORMATION.
The personal information that RSC collects from users of the Site may be used and disclosed for a variety of purposes, including by way of example:
- Student admissions and to track and report on a student’s progress at the school;
- Processing and collecting payments;
- For fundraising, grant writing, and other administrative purposes;
- For research purposes;
- To improve the school and the school experience, including potential employment of students outside of the school;
- To customize advertising, marketing, and donor contribution campaigns, or other content displayed on the Site or in connection with our operations;
- To communicate with payer, guardian, and any other party paying some or all of the tuition and fees, and certain individuals that have been designated as connected to the student;
- Providing user support and responding to user requests, questions and comments;
- Notifying users of the Site about updates to and activities on the Site and about programs, products, services and opportunities that we feel may be of interest to you;
- Contacting users of the Site for information verification purposes;
- Such other uses within the context of the foregoing uses. We also may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect from you or other sources for any of these purposes.
Sensitive Information Use and Disclosure
Use, Disclosure, and Limitation on Third Party Sharing. The school will use and disclose Sensitive Information for the purposes described above except that the Sensitive Information either will be de-identified or we will first obtain your express affirmative consent for disclosures of such information to third parties other than instances where Sensitive Information will be shared with the parties listed below.
Third Party Sharing of Sensitive Information. The school will disclose Sensitive Information to:
- The payer, guardian, and any other party paying some or all of the tuition and fees or for fundraising, grant writing, and other administrative purposes;
- Family representatives you designate (e.g., parents, family members, caretakers);
- The school’s representatives (e.g., service providers, contractors, trustees, directors, officers, employees, partners, managers, agents, attorneys, and its and their successors and assigns);
- Government agencies upon reasonable request or as required by law; and
- As allowable by law, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary (A) to protect our rights or your safety or the safety of others, or (B) to detect, prevent, and respond to misuse of our property, facility or resources, or violations of law; and (C) such other uses within the context of the foregoing uses.
CONSENT TO THE USE OF THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS.
RSC may contract with third party providers for various services relating to the Site or our operations on an outsourced basis rather than performing the services itself. For example, RSC may contract with a website hosting provider to host all or a portion of the Site for RSC. By visiting the Site, all visitors consent to RSC providing both personal and Sensitive Information received from those visitors to providers for the purpose of enabling the third party provider to provide these outsourced services to RSC.
Additionally, certain of the websites of RSC’s affiliates and other third-parties, such as third-party donation services, may be accessible through the Site. You may be asked to provide personal information (or other information) to these third parties through these websites or through the communications sent by us, including by way of example when you click on a link on the Site to one of these other websites or on a link in an email or other communication sent by us. These third parties maintain their own privacy and data collection policies and practices.
Responsibility for the Policies or Practices of Third Parties. Each of our third party service providers may require the disclosure of your information and may collect and use other information in a manner that is different from this Policy. This Policy covers only information collected through the Site and does not extend to any third parties. RSC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE POLICIES OR PRACTICES OF ANY THIRD PARTIES.
CHOICE AND OPT-OUT.
We provide you with a choice whether to receive certain emails and other communications through the Site.
We provide you the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes. If you are a user of the Site and you no longer wish to receive emails or other communications from us or have your email address or other contact information shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of receiving email or other communications from us or having your email address or other contact information shared with third parties. Some communications (e.g. important account notifications and billing information) are considered transactional and are necessary for all RSC Site users and program participants. Program participants must cancel your RSC services to unsubscribe you from these communications.
All opt-out requests can be made by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that it may take up to 7 days to remove your contact information from our communications lists, so you may receive correspondence from us for a short time after you make your request.
The Site and our services are not directed to children under 13 years of age. RSC does not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under 13 years of age.
PROVIDING INFORMATION ON BEHALF OF OTHERS.
Often our Site is used by individuals acting on behalf of others, either program participants or potential participants. By using the Site, you acknowledge, represent and warrant that, if you provide any information on behalf of another, you have the legal power, right, capacity and authority to provide such information on behalf of such other person. Please do not provide any information about others if you are not expressly authorized to do so.
ACCESS, REVIEW, AND UPDATE OF INFORMATION.
Users of the Site should email us at email@example.com for requests to review, delete, deactivate, update or change any personal information that was previously provided to or collected by RSC.
While there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, we maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES.
This Policy may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a notice on the Site to notify you of any material changes to the Policy. Your continued use of the Site after any change has become effective will constitute your acceptance of that change. Users may contact us regarding any change to this Policy, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION.
If RSC elects, in its reasonable discretion, to transfer ownership or control of the Site to a third party, whether or not in the context of an acquisition, merger, or reorganization, you consent to the transfer of your information, including Sensitive Information, by RSC to that third party.
All inquiries concerning this Policy and the Site may be sent via email to email@example.com or via postal mail to RSC, 9200 Fair Oaks Blvd, Fair Oaks, CA, 95628, attn.: Legal.
Last updated effective as of May 2, 2017.